Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Out of the Blue

Yesterday's 5 mile flat run was a real surprise. I was hitting 7:10-7:15 mile splits almost effortlessly. Wow! where did that come from?

Even better are the number of people stepping up to the Challenge! The list on the right side shows those who have stepped up to contribute--we're now at almost $5000! That is an awesome "split time" in itself! Just like my run, yesterday, I hope we'll hold this pace to the finish line.

I'm also blown away by the number of people who plan to actively participate in the Challege! I now have at least 2 runners who will join me on the entire or segement of the run and over 6 people joining us for the ride. How about you? Run, ride, or pledge you are encouraged to join in this effort.

The Challenge run/ride date is April 15th. With as many people participating either directly or indirectly, it now appears that a planning meeting to discuss run/ride logistics and a celebratory party is needed. Look for details on this later!

No comments: