Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A VMS Challenge

Welcome VMS parents! I've posted up the flyer here that many of you recieved in the Wednesday envelope along with some additional details. Over the next couple of days I will try to address your burning questions, notably "Are you stark raving mad?!"

This year, I’m taking on a personal challenge to help raise funds for our school. I need your help.

On April 14th, my personal challenge is to run and bike a combined 90 Kilometers (55.92 miles) as a way to earn money for the VMS Annual Fund.

Here’s my challenge to you. I will match the first $1500 in pledges VMS receives for the run/ride.

This isn’t a registered race; just a challenge I’m offering up for myself and for you. And I’m not going to do it the easy way. I’ll be running from Del Valle Reservoir in Livermore to Mission Peak in Fremont via the Ohlone Wilderness. This follows most of the same course used in the Ohlone Wilderness 50K Trail Race which I've linked to here. The trail is rugged and climbs a total of 7,800 feet in elevation gain over 24+ miles. When I arrive in Fremont, I will then ride my bike the 30+ miles via Old Calavaras road to Pleasanton. It’s one of the toughest run/ride routes in the Bay Area.

I hope you’ll be willing to pledge $0.50 (or more!!) per kilometer. Together we will meet or exceed this year’s annual fund goal .

Please support me by making a pledge. You can pledge here , by submitting a comment below along with your pledge amount, or email me at arracer(at symbol)gmail(dot)com.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would find it really exciting if you could add a X-C skiing leg. I think that would really round out the event and make it more compelling for sponsors.

Madman Running said...

Not a bad idea. Now, if you can arrange for snow for the Ohlone Wilderness in mid-April this might have legs!