Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hooked

Xianrenaud is hooked. Great to see he's found an inspiring goal that drives his commitment. Run baby, run!

Running after goals has enhanced my joy of running. Goals don't get me on the trail but they do help drive me further down it, faster up the hills, and looser on the descents. A goal is what got me motivated to stretch further and venture into uncharted waters...it even got me started on blogging a year ago. (So blame this crappy writing on running too).

This year's big objective is a combined trail run (40K) and bike (50K) which combines two of my passions and will require one big training plan. I forecast 7 hours of pain for that race day, but it'll be worth every footstep and peddle stroke along the way. As Xianrenaud may be discovering, a goal is often just a catalyst to our passion.

No comments: