Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nice run

It was 32 when I headed out the door. Two days of rest had an obvious impact on my running as I had an effortless first mile at 7:20. I tried to dial it back somewhat for the remainder of the run but I keep finding my body wants to run at a higher heart rate and faster stride. I was consistently hitting 152-157bpm with a 90 ppm cadence much higher than I should maintain for really long runs.

I ran jacketless with only a Sporthill zone 2 shirt and was comfortable the whole route. Tomorrow is forecast to be in the 20's so I doubt I'll go so light.

Running street side, which my route primarily consisted of, is a suck. I so much prefer the trail. No exhaust, no rush of cars, no high volume tire noise.

Total time 1:03
Distance: approximately 7.75 miles
Pace: ~8:15 average over small hill route

No comments: