Friday, March 10, 2006

Geek out!

Yesterday I got in a fast 10 mile, small hill run according to "The Plan". My legs were fresh and I averaged a consistent 7:45 split along the distance. Man that felt good.

Sunday is a 20 mile, big hill run. If I average 11 min/mile (as I have been for steep elevation gain trails), I expect about a 3.5 hour run. My last big run was 16 miles and was just shy of 3 hours over the back half of my 50K run course. This run I expect to do in closeby on the nearby ridgeline trail which bounces back and forth between 500' and 1400' elevation so I hope for a little better average run time. Still, hitting the 20 mile mark on a trail run is a little bit of a psychological hurdle that leaves me a little anxious. This will be my first foray into that 20-something range and only 6 miles short of a marathon.....

I snagged a great deal at REI and aquired a GPS unit that ties into my Timex BodyLink system for $56 (!) so I'll get to nerd out and monitor heart rate, pace, distance, etc. I wonder if I'll be smart enough to look up and enjoy the view?

No comments: