Friday, January 27, 2006

Week Three Check

I'm definitely feeling stronger and faster without having to offer bone, gristle, and ligament wear as a sacrifices to the gods. Running times are up, but un-like Mecury while I've got the fleet feet, I'm missing that really cool hat and paint set.

Rampup/Sprint Intervals have been good at building anarobic capacity and are some very intense 20 minute workouts. Amazing. The strength routines have been focused on building endurance strength. One routine is the 50+. For this, I'm supposed to lift 50% my normal workout weight for each muscle group. One set. 50 times. Slowly and in PERFECT form and tempo throughout. The first 25 go pretty easy but then the burn starts. By number 50 your grunting. Now everybody grunts in the gym(even the muscle chicks), but here I am, say with 12.5lb dumbells in my hands sitting next to a guy snatching 50lb bells and I'm moaning like Atlas. You feel kind of silly. The difference is, that guy did 3 sets of 10 plus rests between each set over the same period of time I was doing my 50. Well, it makes me sound studly, but I still feel like I look goofy. On the other hand, it's working.

Today's run was 10 miles on small hills. Went great. Felt great. Yehaww!

2 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

You'll do fine in the big race!

Madman Running said...

Thanks Freethinker! Appreciate the comment and visit.