Monday, April 16, 2007

The Challenge Realized

The VMS Challenge came to an end after 8:01 of running and riding. The run portion, which included 28 miles of trail running, 7800 feet of elevation gain, took 5:30 minutes. The ride covered 37.8 miles of road biking in 2:31. The Challenge Team joined me in either running (Tri-Ty) or riding (Pace Line, Racer X and Tinker).

Most importantly, we raised through the generous support of the sponsors listed to the right, in raising over $5,300 to support VMS!

The love, support, and encouragement recieved was tremendous. It was a humbling experience physically, mentally, and emotionally. Having the VMS Challenge Team, sponsors, and, of course the love and encouragement of my family, sustained me and drove me as I ran and rod the 65 miles from Del Valle and back. And to top it off, VMS faculty and staff along with many good friends took a day out of their weekend to throw us a fiesta at the end. With good beer, of course.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I've provided two stories below on the run and the ride for all the nitty gritty details. And trust me, it took a lot of washing to get the nitty and the gritty out.

No comments: