Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back on the Wheel

Warning! If you ever run/ride 100km DO NOT MOVE YOUR ENTIRE HOUSE THE FOLLOWING WEEK. That should be intuitive to some but not, obviously, to some of us.

By Tuesday, most of my sore and tired muscles had healed or were a bit less sore. Good thing since that was the start of a 5 day move. By Saturday, I had reached the conclusion that I had not trained properly for moving. I was a limp biscuit. I was beat to the point of near exhaustion. My arms were covered with furniture "bites" and the bruises--all purple--made for a strange tattoo. Off loading the last van load of furniture took more mental fortitude than the previous Sunday's run/ride. In a word--AVOID LOCAL MOVES PEOPLE; THEY NEVER END. Make that a few words....

Forutnately, I'm back to running and riding. Today, I used a local trail 100 yards from the house with spectacular views of the Happy Valley (where we now live). I am in love with my new digs. Mrs Madman and the little maniacs are in bliss, as well. Meanwhile, I'm focusing on how to pay the "man" for the next 30 years. At least I have a good trail out the backdoor.

No comments: