Saturday, April 14, 2007

11th hour

I'll be launching off in 11 hours.

All the last minute details of pickups, drop-offs, rendezvous points, who is on what segement and when are finalized. I had a great dinner. A nice nap. Some last minute angst and paranoia ("Am I tired from the flight or am I coming down with something!? OH. MY. GOD. phew. I'm okay after that nap...that glass of water...that respite") has passed.

Tomorrow is going to be cooler than normal as a cold front has just passed through. The showers have passed through and the sky is clearing. It'll get down into the low 40's tonight. The winds will be 10-20 out of the NNW so I'll face a stiff breeze on the ride. It probably won't top 65, but it'll be sunny. Perfect. Could reach 80 instead, so I'll take it.

Did I train well? Did I cut corners? Did I taper too soon or too much?

It no longer matters.

I'm ready.

No comments: