Saturday, April 22, 2006

On the edge

Tomorrow is the day. It will be the culmination of 4 months of training when I start out at 0700 and begin the 50K along the Ohlone. On the eve of that run, I'm confident yet anxious. Ready, yet uncertain. Strong but humbled bt what I'll attempt and what the next day will bring.

This last week was restive. Two runs while vacationing in San Diego: a four mile up steep canyon trails in a dry arroyo and 10 miles along the beaches. Both beautiful and different from what I've done to date.

So, tomorrow I will rise and be ready. I know that I have trained hard. I know that the route will tax me physcially and mentally and while I fear them both, I know that ultimately I will succeed. I will complete it. I will even do it within my target of 6 hours. It will be tough. I will be too.

No comments: