Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home Stretch

Sunday was the last big run. Now, I'm going into recovery mode. I put in 16 miles and ran at a faster than normal pace, pushing hard, and knowing that this was my last chance to get in a run that would boost me psychologically for my 50K.

And it paid off. I feel great and relaxed now going into the final preps. This week I have no major runs scheduled; just some weight work and rampups. Sunday, I have a short 4mile, big hill run, more rest and then one final 10 mile run before I hit the Ohlone on the 23rd.

RacerX and I discussed support over beer on Saturday. He'll drop me off at the trailhead at 0700. I expect to see him 2.5 hours later at the 12.8 mile mark for water, fuel, and dry socks. I'll keep my weight to the minimum on this first 1/3 of the most strenuous part of the course. I won't see him again until mile 27. I'll have more water and M&M's to help charge me up for the last few hard down-hill miles.

It's going to be an ass-kicker. No doubt. But, I'm ready.

No comments: