Saturday, June 26, 2010

Los perros mexicanos

They like their Tennessee brethren also joyously give chase to itinerant fools that bike or run their way. This time I was on foot and running along the coastal highway with a steep drop to the Pacific below me and the autopista cuota (coastal toll road) above me. I was the original taco al carbon con gringo for these guys. Soft white meat encased in a nylon tortilla. Delicioso!

Fortunately, Mexican dogs are staked out on 50 lb test line or nylon braid-which ever is handiest-- and I got off with only a scare and a pant load of guacamole.

Not bad running though mostly out and backs. On one run I found a trail that dumped me down below on the beach. A low tide enabled some decent beach running and although I usually detest that venue (too monotonous), the experience was a worthy memory.

No comments: